The week before big school. By Emily Drake @emsdrake
Extra jobs on Mummy’s to do list this week:
· Labelling – 36 individual items of clothing, 36 iron-on labels.* PANIC* - Do I even have 36??
· Order more labels
· Practise leaving the house at 8.45am at least once.
· Book haircuts
· Tart up the house and polish the front door for our teacher and TA visit
· More ‘YES’ – Yes, to that ‘onnnnnnnnne more book, mummy’ before bed. Yes, to that ‘Can we watch this movie with Mummy?’. Yes, to that ‘Mummy, Can I have a magNazine? (sp!)’ because we absolutely need more cheap plastic Hello Kitty/My Little Pony/Charlie and Lola/Frozen crap. Yes, to the fondant fancy before tea. ‘Mummy, Can you lie with me in bed?’. Yes, yes, YES!
(‘Can I drink your Diet Coke Mummy?’ Don’t push it kid. That’s still a NO)
· Double the amount of kisses and snuggles
This is our last week before BIG SCHOOL. Freya seems totally unfazed about what lies ahead. Mummy is apprehensive.
I hope she settles in quickly, I hope she likes her teacher, I hope she listens to her teacher.
I hope she meets her BFF… as I did, I hope she eats her lunch, I hope she finds the toilet without any trouble.
I hope someone hugs her when she is sad, I hope we don't forget her PE kit, I hope nobody tells her the truth about Father Christmas.
I hope she misses us (but not too much!), I hope she flourishes, I hope we make it on time.....!
I couldn’t be more proud of my 4 year old, who surely is just too little to be of school age. What happened to my baby girl?? It’s going to be an emotional few weeks.
I love you lots Freya Mae Drake.