Weaning: Vegetable Muffins
These vegetable muffins are perfect for weaning babies and toddler snacks! They are full of veg! My mum was forever feeding us these as kids and they still work well today! This recipe is from Mummycook.com, they have some great recipes so check them out.
Cook time: 25-30 mins
Makes: About 10!
1 courgette, grated
1 carrot, grated
Small handful of spinach finely chopped
4 tbsp sweet corn
1 small onion finely chopped
120g grated cheddar cheese
230g self rising flour
3 tbsp olive oil
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour and cheese.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, egg and milk.
- Add the vegetables to the bowl with the flour and cheese, stir in the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly until fully combined.
- Divide evenly into your muffin cases and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and fully cooked through.
- Allow to cool before serving.
I didn't use muffin cases as I didn't have any, just popped grease proof paper in the muffin tins, and by muffin tin don't go buying a special muffin tin! Just a usual fairy cake tin is perfect!
I made a batch of them and the popped a couple in a tupperware box for this week and the rest in a sealed big sandwich bag and put them in the freezer.